Cotton is a durable, soft fibre, and most clothes today are made of it. Unfortunately, it does have one serious fault: It tends to shrink when washed and dried.
Here is what you should do if you have a stain:
1. Remove excess. Use cold water for mystery stains and warm water for greasy stains. Create a solution of Ariel Automatic Powder and water. Leave for 30 minutes to 2 hours or, in tough cases, overnight. After soaking the fabric, pour the required amount of Ariel Automatic Washing Liquid (follow the dosage instructions on the pack) onto the stains and gently rub before loading the clothes into the washing machine.
If you use a regular machine or handwash create a solution of Ariel Handwash Powder and water. Leave for 30 minutes to 2 hours or,for very tough stains, overnight. After soaking the fabric wash as usual.
To dry, roll your shirts, pants or blouses in a large towel or gently screw to remove the water.
2. Machine-Wash white and light-coloured cotton fabrics in warm or hot water. When automatic machine washing white and light coloured clothes always use Ariel Automatic Powder Original. For extra scent you can use Ariel Automatic Powder Touch of Downy Freshness. For regular machine or handwashing, use Ariel Handwash Powder or for extra scent, try Ariel Powder Touch of Downy.
Extra tip: fill the machine with cold water and use a gentle washing cycle so you can protect the colours more.
3. Rinse your cotton fabrics on a cool cycle. Use minimal agitation to avoid shrinkage. With Ariel, washing at low temperature isn’t a problem, as all Ariel products offer great results even at 30 degrees.
4. Shake garments after you’ve taken them out of the machine or finished washing to minimise wrinkles.
How to wash your 100% cotton blanket:
1. Open your blanket and place it in the washing machine. Use a large load size so the blanket can move freely in the water during the wash.
2. Pour the required Ariel laundry detergent (follow the dosage instructions on the pack) and use a cold water cycle, delicate wash setting.
3. Remove the blanket as soon as the wash cycle is finished and hang the blanket to dry.